onsdag den 5. november 2014

Hello all and welcome to our new costume and crafting blog.

Who are we you might ask?

We are the clones, Lora and trager. Two geeky young ladies from Denmark, who enjoy creating costumes and craft-works for fun. We are fans of several fandoms, among them Star Wars, Stargate, Harry Potter and Doctor Who.
We continually work to improve our crafting and costuming skills and are always willing to learn new skills and trades in order to complete our projects.

So, let us introduce ourselves.

Lora:
I currently live in Southern Denmark, where I work as a librarian. I make costumes and other creative stuff in my spare time, where I also read a lot on the internet, read books (in good old fashioned paper form), play little games and what else catches my eye.
I’m very knowledge hungry and curious so I tend to be a bit of a sponge when it comes to information. ;)
I have in the past mostly focused on Star Wars costumes, but since becoming a Whovian I’ve made two Doctor Who costumes as well. One of them is on the list of costumes to be upgraded.
A good deal of my costumes have been made specifically for movie premieres, like Harry Potter and The Hobbit. A couple of costumes have also been made for parties, which are usually the costumes that are of a lower quality and where I don’t worry about accuracy.
I’m a member of Rebel Legion and also have a RPF profile, but I haven’t really posted there. Mostly I just look at what others do.

My current costumes include:
  • Jedi Knight (two of them)
  • Princess Leia, ceremonial dress
  • Handmaiden, flamegown
  • Tenth Doctor
  • Weeping Angel (to be upgraded before use again)
  • Ravenclaw student
  • Professor McGonagall (made for Halloween, also on the upgrade list)
  • Goa’uld party costume (could easily be used for other things than Goa’uld)
  • Ørkenens Sønner (Sons of the Desert, Danish satire group)
  • Lord of the Rings elf costume

Costumes that are currently being worked on or where I/we have materials for:
  • Ewok Village Leia
  • Weeping Angel
  • X-wing pilot
  • Mara Jade cantina waitress
Besides the costumes I’ve made for myself I’ve also helped many friends with their costumes. :)


trager:
I currently live in the capital of Denmark, Copenhagen. I recently finished my Masters Chemical Engineering and are therefore currently unemployed, but that is something I hope to rectify very soon. I do a lot of different crafting projects as well as dabble a bit in costuming. Mostly I throw myself into whatever catches my interest and seems even remotely doable.
In my free time I also read a lot of books and fanfiction, play board games, whenever I can get a group together, and spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking and experimenting with food.
My main fandoms of interest are Star Wars and Stargate. Though I am also a bit fan of Tolkiens universe.

Currently I only have three costumes, two random Jedi and a x-wing pilot, though none of them are actually whole and wearable at the moment, do to different failings.

In the future I am planning a new Jedi tunic, as one of the current tunics got pulled apart last time I wore it, and I am also working a bit on a Kili costume for the premiere of next Hobbit movie.

1 kommentar:

  1. Händerna är polerat silver och fasetterade i fake Breitling mitten kontrasterar fint mot den matta ratten. De har en riklig lumenplott med ¾ fake Omega längd. Den andra handen har också en lumrad pil i slutet. Sammantaget är det en riktigt snyggt designad fake Hublot handenhet som är lätt att läsa.
    Alsta använde en aluminiumtryckt ram på Nautoscaph. fake Cartier De lämnade delen mellan nollmarkeringen och de 15 nakna i kontrast fake Patek Philippe till resten av ramen. En av sakerna är jag verkligen att de, under steget på 5 på ramen, har tryckt fake Panerai en liten 1 - 12 så att du kan använda den som en 12-timmars ram om du vill. Detta fake Tag Heuer erbjuder mycket funktionalitet i mina ögon. Åtgärden på ramen är lite styv men lätt nog att använda medan du är på handleden.

    SvarSlet